Events and conferences play an integral role in promoting Southland as a great place to visit, live and work.
Attracting events and conferences to Southland adds vibrancy to our region through increased visitation and enhances the overall wellbeing of our residents.
We are able to offer a number of services that can assist the delivery of events, and enhance the appeal of Southland as a preferred conference destination.
Planning an event?
Our Event Planning Toolbox is a great resource for event organisers and can provide you with the advice, and encourage you to think about the necessary considerations needed to run a successful event.
We can also provide information on the following:
- Funding advice, including identifying sponsors/partners
- Event feasibility
- Information about ticketing and prices
- Health and safety requirements
- Information on event venues
- Assessing the impact of your event
- Promotional activity, including assisting with online listings, media relations, developing marketing plans and advertising.
If you would like our help, please fill out the form below
Planning a conference?
Southland offers conference organisers excellent venues and accommodation, good accessibility, value for money and some fantastic pre and post activities.
With a dedicated conference coordinator, we can make your conference planning a success by helping to find the appropriate venue and support services across Invercargill and Southland for your event.
Our conference services include:
- Support for conferences bids
- Providing access to a conference incentive fund
- Venue recommendations
- Coordinated site visits
- Itineraries for pre and post-conference activities
- Developing promotional material
- Identifying transport plans and considering other logistical considerations
Check out our trade and conference manual and contact us to find out how we can assist